Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sex in the City

I know you have heard all the hype, but this was a must see for me on the BIG screen. Every scene is gorgeous, cheers for the art direction and the costuming, story a little lame but I was in fact engaged the entire time. Candace Bushnell/Michael Patrick King are storytellers, New York is worth seeing alone, and the LA secenes you can just feel the difference in the light, just like the California Impressionists.
http://www.abbeville.com/interiors.asp?ISBN=0789201763&CaptionNumber=05

"Vivienne Westwood has caused a ruckus by describing the Sex and the City movie as 'boooring,' and 'not very fashionable'. In fact the film bored Lady Westwood so that she stalked out of the premiere after the opening credits with her nose held high and a newly reinvigorated contempt of all things US fashion. “I thought Sex and the City was supposed to be about cutting-edge fashion and there was nothing remotely memorable or interesting about what I saw. I went to the premiere and left after ten minutes.” "

I can't say I loved the fashions, but I loved seeing them, I loved that they were beautifully photographed, and what do I know about fashion.....

No comments: