Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My TV Won't work and I am an addict! (Posted in 2006)

So my TV would not go on when I came home last night. That has happened before and MonkeyBoy gets out the manual and I press something on the remote while he holds down the power key on the TV. MonkeyBoy is on the Playa, I will see him in Reno on Friday but I doubt he will be able to solve this long distance so I should buck up and solve the problem.
I love my TV and I watch a lot of it which is good for my aching neck. TV is a 64 inch tube (stupid choice) less than a year up because we blew all of our electrical appliances in the fall of '05, between the prostate surgery and the hernia surgery. So I try a couple of things last night, I push this, I push that, no luck. Sony is closed for the night. I go on line and find a users manual that is similar to mine, try what they suggest, no luck. Okay, catch up on email and go to bed. Wake up this morning, call Sony, they need the model number which is on the back of this fucking 80 pound tv that is on a shelf at shoulder height....have I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in... Can't help without a model number..I say "can't you just tell me the standard trick for geting these reset....No, we need the model number, you just don't understand, and the supervisor will not talk to me without a model number. So I hang up and take a 2nd look for the manual, Get out every manual, for the refrigerator we don't have any more, etc. And then I move the dressers over the rug and get to the plug, and unplug and plug it back in.
YIPEE!! YIPEE!! YIPEE!! It is making TV noises and there it is, the picture. I AM SO HAPPY.

"The sign of wisdom is a continual cheerfulness" Sometimes a difficult standard to live to....


COMMENTS

Wed, August 16, 2006 - 10:38 AM
ARMADILLO
What do you do on th ePlaya without TV for a week? Do you go through withdrawals? You're a persistent little TV junkie, aren't you! I would have given up!


affinity
Wed, August 16, 2006 - 11:37 AM
Armadillo!I don't miss TV on the Playa because thge Playa is so engaging, but I would miss it over the next 10 days and then when I got back, This from a girl who did not own a tv for years....

shekky
Wed, August 16, 2006 - 6:10 PM
the view from affinity's camp is far better than any TV one could imagine!


Juicy...
Thu, August 17, 2006 - 3:08 AM
That is *awesome* that you made it go! I was racking my brain thinking who could fix it as I was reading... LOL! Can't wait to see you on the playa... Where is this camp I hear of with the fabulous view? Me and Mr. 23 will be at 4:00 and Esplanade with Illumination Village. :-) Who knows, tho... maybe we'll run into you and Monkey Boy in Reno on Friday... We'll be stopping by a gun shop, TJ's, and visiting steve's great uncle felix, among other things. See you out there!

affinity...
Thu, August 17, 2006 - 7:02 AM
Coffetown/Cafe VillageWe are not with the bunnies this year, we will be at Coffetown at 5:35 and Chance. Hope to see you there.

No comments: