Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happiness

Mon, January 23, 2006 - 9:53 PM

So happiness has been on my mind lately.. I am by nature pretty happy and I do what I can to be happy. There was a study recently that came to the conclusion that being happy has a lot to do with your nature, so I don't get much credit for it...it is like being tall or pretty or smart, just how it is....but there are ways to create more happiness.... Being in the practice of gratitude being in the practice of generosity and being in the practive of optimism So, when I found out my tenants were moving and not only do we have to move but then get our apartment ready to sell...and then the next days my boss who for the first time in my life with a boss I was actually feeling the team thing with quit and was gone 4 days later, whoa....a lot going on and tonight I of course got a cold sore. so I am grateful that I have a home to sell and it was not flooded or knocked down by a hurricane, and that I have work and like most of the people I work with and I am optimistic that we will sell our apartment easily, it has a view of the Golden Gate Bridge and is very 1915 with tons of croon molidng and curved ceilings. and I am generous with my joy for the kids that are moving out and that they get to move back to their families that they miss and that I only want the very best for them....

Andie
Mon, January 23, 2006 - 11:33 PM
Your attitiude will serve you well in this time of change, love. xoxoxo ...

affinity
Tue, January 24, 2006 - 4:02 AM
"made me cry"At our house it is kind of a game to make each other laugh..then we get to say. "made you laugh" even in an argument some times.... .you "made me cry" Andie, Thanks. ...affinity

affinity
Tue, January 24, 2006 - 4:12 AM
GratefulOH YEAH!!!! This could have happend 6 weeks ago while MonkeyBoy was recovering from surgery. I felt like the new year was our pathway to transition from the cancer cycle and the hernia cycle waning and reveling in renewed activity and fun.. ...affinity

Moze
Tue, January 24, 2006 - 1:24 PM
you rock Affinity! We might also be looking for a place. Doesn't seem like too bad a time to be doing that.

affinity
Tue, January 24, 2006 - 9:12 PM
no, you rock Moze, always....

Nicole
Tue, January 31, 2006 - 1:20 PM
you amaze me with your ability...no, not the ability, for we are all able....your desire to live with such an open heart, and your way of appreciating all that you have in the face of something you lose, and your apparently never-ending well of good wishes for others. you are my new saint, and I will try to rememebr your example in times of bitterness and anger at the things I lose.

affinity
Thu, February 2, 2006 - 8:56 AM
Nicole Thanks, what a nice thing to say. I really appreciate it.

No comments: