Sunday, July 6, 2008

It's All About Me


Wed, March 22, 2006 - 11:08 AM
So I love it when I can say "I am the happiest I have ever been in my life". I have everything I want, my beloved with his asute way of living, good friends who want the world for me, comfort financialy, and home.

WOW but, I am completely stressed, the smallest thing knocks me off my equalibrium, my apartment is in disaray from moving, my job is dicey, I feel like I used up all my reserves from Tom's cancer (yipee for a cancer survivor but there are still repuscussions from all major surgeries) and now it was time for a break and we are selling our apartment and have moved, so what kind of a break is that. there are sawhorses between my bed and the bathroom, whine whine whine....

I can't seem to get ahead of my volunteer gig at Burning Man, several peers (old boyfriend, etc. have died in the last 3 years and one more one the way....)

I have for many years had it as a goal to make life look easy because mine is. I am not going to have to sell a child so the others can live. I can own property in my name (women still cannot own property is some places and couldn't 150 years ago in the good old U S of A.) I have great medical care and clean water and someone who knows how amazing I am and that I make his life better (can it get any better than that). I have always wanted to be the fat girl that was an example of life lived gracefully. I believe peace begins inward and radiates out, and the world benefits each day I am kind to myself and others.....

So, it's all about me. NOT.NOT. NOT. so I don't know what to say but I feel better writing this, thanks.


Comments
Andie
Wed, March 22, 2006 - 12:15 PM
You are a beautiful, conscious woman, and totally inspiring. Go Affinity Go!

Tony
Wed, March 22, 2006 - 11:15 PM
You're a reflector Affinity. Thank you for sharing your positive attitude.

Armadillo
Thu, March 23, 2006 - 6:04 AM
Thank You!I am going to print your words and carry them with me. These are words to live by!

tessa
Thu, March 23, 2006 - 11:04 AM
wow, check it out, you have a lot of female admirers affinity. and im one of them. i was reading this, and thinking maybe also you can take a break from how you wish you were thinking, and just let yourself feel shitty for a while. the big stuff is taking your energy, and the small stuff is annoying, and maybe that just needs to come out. maybe you can have a whine holiday. that can be your break. just get it out. i think you can have faith that letting it out wont deter you from your real goal of making life look easy. and if you ever wobble in that faith, im sure one of us will be happy to remind you how great you are, judging from these comments of appreciation. im writing this aware that its not really possible to make a comment thats necessarily accurate, im so far away from you, and the medium of email isnt the most expressive etcetc, so if the comment isnt that great, i hope you can take the love and support from behind it. tessa

affinity
Thu, March 23, 2006 - 11:19 AM
Love and miss you Tessa

glynda

Sat, March 25, 2006 - 1:27 PM
Stress + Massage = (-Stress)I don't know you well enough to know how you take care of you... However, I'm a firm believer in the power of massage. My friend, Stevie, is a massage therapist and will travel to your house and give you a massage for $50.00. I try to do it once a week, but it turns out to be more like every other week... It totally helps. What you need to know about Stevie: She's still in school. She's certified in the Western ways and working on certification in the Eastern ways. Hence, the reason that she is so low-cost. She is a born-healer. She is one of those people who was born to touch people. She's amazing. Everyone I've sent to her has been thrilled.

No comments: