Saturday, July 12, 2008

Washington DC


Well the best thing about DC was Armadillo and Edge and how they generous they were with their time and friends. The "called" a happy hour of the DC Burners and Soup and Abbey and their Burner neighbor (the dancer) came and then we had Thai food on Monday evening and Stiltwalker (the regional rep) and Penny joined us, AND THEN they included us in a dinner with their rocket science friends and we went to this funky outside bar near DuPont Circle. Wow.....I have included a photo of where we ate since I do not have a photo of any of us. So we did museum stuff most days and then had fun people to meet several evenings, what could be more fun than that. Thanks Armadillo and Edge for making this one of the most fun vacations I have ever had.....


DC Part 2

We saw the DADA exhibit at the National Art Gallery and I loved the anti war, anti art, pro anarchy politics, and I loved their use of text in their work. But my favorite was the Matisse's 4 bas relief 5' X 7' women, different levels of abstract, and enjoyed seeing some Grant Wood Mid-America paintings (American Gothic). So now I have a little chest cold and have had a full weekend of Burning Man trainings, and am tired, but happy to be home as always.... Here is Back IV....Sun, May 7, 2006 - 8:25 PM

Comments
Armadillo
Mon, May 8, 2006 - 6:27 PM
No, Thank You!Thank you for your gifts, especially the "business" cards! We had fun hanging with you!

Banzai!
Mon, May 8, 2006 - 9:05 PM
I am visiting my family in Alexandria right now!

No comments: